Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Personal Fulfillment Does Not Have to Come from Mary Kay

This is one of my three year wedding anniversary gifts from my husband! My own blog. Last night we had a conversation about personal fulfillment. I was considering becoming a Mary Kary consultant but my husband had a hard time with the idea. In his sweet and caring way, he pointed out that I could have all of the benefits that I was attracted to that came with the Mary-Kay dream, by doing something that would be more fulfilling and aligned with my talents. I was attracted to making extra money, meeting new people and looking beautiful (for half price) to top it off.

Instead of Mary-Kay, he said I could meet new people when I went back to school to pursue my master's in education. I am always beautiful in his eyes (with or without make-up, he's so precious!) And to make more money, he introduced me to the art of e-book writing.

That is why he created this blog for me. So I could have a way to inform others about the e-books that are currently in progress, and to express some of my thoughts about topics of interest in a productive way. In essence, this blog is part of my search for personal fulfillment. Thanks to my husband of nearly three years, my best friend and my love, for being so thoughtful.

I am a mother of a two year old daughter and wife of a content writer. These are my two most important titles. I am also an elementary special education teacher (I will be starting my 8th year in August). I enjoy writing but have not had much time to allot to it, being a full time mom and teacher (and wife). However, summer has arrived and my husband saw this is an opportunity for both of us. I could use my ability to write and he could get the work to me. It's really a great deal. Plus, it's fun and keeps my mind busy and sharp.

The e-book I am currently working on is about keeping kids busy in the summer. Having a child of my own and years of experience working with children, it is of great personal interest to me. So it is an enjoyable experience so far.

Of course, to get the bulk of it done, I had to send my daughter to day-care today, but hey, she benefits from being around her friends and I benefit by getting a bit of time to myself.

1 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger BikerMomma said...

How sweet! Your husband sounds like an absolute sweetheart. Best of luck with your endeavours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home